Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhogs Day!

We glued the face of a groundhog onto a Popsicle stick.


A toilet paper roll was used as his hole... He could play peek a boo.

We colored a picture of a groundhog and sang the groundhog song. Here is the song!
I am a Groundhog
sung to up on the housetop:


I am a groundhog, living here
I have a job to do once a year
I've been asleep below the earth
But now is the time for me to work!
I will check, look and see
If my shadow is here with me
I never know what will be found
I must wake up and look around
I'm just a groundhog in my home
Cozy and warm down here alone
I'd like to hibernate some more
But i have to wake, I know what for
If i see a shadow when I peek
I'll hibernate for six more weeks
If there is no shadow when I come out
Spring will be here and you can shout!
Courtesy of songs for teachers www.songs4teachers.com

No comments: