Sunday, July 18, 2010

Flying with a toddler


We had our first flight to Florida. G3 was a trooper. I packed plenty of snacks for him to eat during take off to keep his ears from hurting. I also brought suckers and chocolate. Can't go wrong with chocolate. I brought books about airplanes and stickers that he hadn't read before. We broght the Bjorn potty chair. The portable DVD player was a huge hit with the baby. On the flight there we had a crabby passenger who wanted me to make the baby use headphones. I told her she had the option of listening to him screaming the rest of the trip or listening to the delightful sounds of Finding Nemo. We took a vote and Nemo won. He had his comfy blanket to hold while watching Nemo. I was able to relax and read a magazine. We did have trouble with the shuttle service. They would not transport us to the hotel because we did not have a car seat. We found a cab company that installed a car seat with out a problem.

No comments: