Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life Has Forever Changed

I have contemplated on writing this in my blog. After all this a story of my son's life. Last week I was diagnosed with Anaplastic Large T Cell Lymphoma AKL Negative. That was the day my heart and soul broke. I will never be the same. Tomorrow I fight the biggest battle of my life, I begin chemotherapy. G3 and I have been speaking that mommy is sick. He even went to the oncologist with me. He shook the docs hand and introduced himself. He told the doc his full name and then asked when mommy would get better. He looks everyday at my bandages and says, " there still there." We have been talking about hair loss and as much as I loathe Sponge Bob Square Pants they had a show about wigs. We used that as a teachable moment. I have been wearing a black skull cap in the house off and on. I am trying to get him used to the fact that I will not have hair and/or be desensitized to bank robbers. How do you get a three year old ready? How do I get myself ready? I would like to share a story that a patient once shared with me. Let's call him Danny. Danny said, "When I was in Vietnam I asked the officer if it was time to shoot." He said, "No not yet." "Wait until 2:00." Danny asked, "Why 2:00?" The officer replied, " My mother prays for me everyday at 2:00." So I will ask if you too you pray for me at 10:00 tomorrow? Chemotherapy is scheduled to start at 10:00. It would be nice to have company.

Thank you in advance. I have to figure out which stilettos to wear for chemotherapy in the morning. Does Jimmy Choo make shoes to go with my port?

4 comments:

firstladyT said...

Stacy I am praying with and for you always,so sorry to hear of the news...please be encouraged there is a scripture in the Bible that says... Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5, your morning will come, I am praying for your total healing, always in my thoughts and prayers....Tracy H.

Joyjoy said...

Just stumbled upon your blog while googling jogging stroller tune up...my prayers to you and your family...stay strong and positive

Hansen said...

Stacy- Pauline emailed the C&C departments about you today - wow!
I cannot imagine what you are going through, but just wanted to let you know that you won't be alone! We'll be praying for you.

hell on heels said...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers! They are much appreciated as this is a whole new journey.