Saturday, December 6, 2008

The pink slip

So this was my first week back at work from maternity leave. Needless to say I faced some challenges, but all in all it wasn't that bad. When I found out I was pregnant I was nervous to tell my boss. He is not the sensitive type. He also thought that I wouldn't need more than 2 weeks off. When I called to tell him that I had a c-section, he thought I might need 4. During maternity leave I received numerous phone calls and emails about work. I worked on maternity leave without pay. I thought I was a loyal committed employee. My employer thought I was a sucker. Friday my boss came in and told me that they are eliminating my job. There is another job available. The pay is 10,000 less and the work load is 12 months not 10. Instead of working with one department of clients I will not work with several. I have until Monday to tell him if I want it. I think he wanted me to thank him for the offer. I was so offended. I have to find a new job.


Does anyone have any openings?

No comments: