Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The cry room....

Well, I have officially become a C&E church member since the baby arrived. Does everyone know what a C&E church member is? Maybe you are one.... It doesn't matter when or if you go... as long as you have some kind of spiritual grounding...


Preparing for church is like preparing for a marathon. In order to go to church prep work must start two days in advance. I have to get clothes ready for my mother in law, my husband, the baby, and myself. I also have to have assistance in getting everyone bathed and dressed in the morning. All I am saying is that it is a lot of work. The church we attend is the one my mother in law is a member. It is a beautiful Catholic Church. It is not easy to maneuver a wheel chair, a stroller, diaper bag, 2 purses, a mother in law bag and the church door. I seated my mother in law and waited for my husband. He was parking the car. It takes home what seems to be 20 minutes. He arrives and I excuse myself to the cry room. The cry room is up two stairs. I have to lift the stroller and kick open the door. It was standing room only in the cry room.

When I grew up children sat in the pews during church and behaved. At this church children sit in a separate room. They run and jump in the pews. It was mayhem. I couldn't even tell you what the sermon was about. Children of all ages were in the room. I don't see why the tweens were hanging out in the cry room The parents stood around talking during the sermon. I think it was more of a social visiting time.

We made it. Everyone had a dose of religion. I didn't take any pics. I think I was the only one brought to tears in the cry room...

No comments: