Sunday, December 11, 2011

HairOfying Moment



The hair has begun to fall out. To be honest I have been in denial about the hair loss. I did commit and buy store hair, aka a wig. I thought I could donate it because my hair wouldn't really fall out. If I didn't shampoo my hair for two days, then it wouldn't fall out. If I put a headband on my head, it wouldn't fall out.









So, I had my good friend Deloris cut my hair. She was gracious enough to come to my house to cut it. To help protect me from the pain of losing my hair. The physical and emotional pain. She said it was okay to cry and that she would cry with me. We put some of my hair in an envelope and she cut it the rest away. My hair has not been the short since I was a child. Of course my husband was excited about the new look. Little G3 has not mentioned my new hair cut. He definitely noticed but does not want to talk about it. This morning as I looked in the mirror the reflection took me by surprise. I spent 2 hours crying. I decided to put my big girl shoes on and go shopping. Much to my surprise it was not a glorious experience. As I put my pajamas on the counter a huge chunk of hair fell out on to the counter. The poor girl across from just stared. I explained to her that I had Cancer and that I was receiving chemotherapy. She began to cry too. She finished checking me out and came around the corner to give me a hug. She told me that it was going to be okay. I hope she is right. Victoria Secret does know the secret right?