Sunday, December 11, 2011

Therapy Doll



So I spent a good part of the afternoon with a good friend of mine Pauline. I asked her for help in creating a therapy doll for my son. We made a "mommy doll" to simulate chemotherapy. She has a port and her own IV. Her hair is Velcro and removable. She has day clothes and pajamas for when she is sick. Pauline was such a huge help, but G3 did not like the doll. He did not like her at all. He asked that she go in the other room. G3 was angry and did not want to look at her or talk about her. I guess that says it all. He is pretty mad at the fact I have cancer and does not need a doll to tell me. I just turned into the therapist on the movie "What about Bob." You know the one who made his family communicate with puppets. I am that person. My poor son.

No comments: