Thursday, November 6, 2008

Three Thermometers

G2 had a cold. It took a week for me to be contaminated. It was only inevitable that the baby would catch it. I was hacking over the poor guy as her nursed. We went through three thermometers. The first two took too long and I didn't think they worked correctly. I sent the husband out to buy a third thermometer. He bought the ThermoFocus. This is the Cadillac of all thermometers. It takes the baby's temperature with a laser light. There is no need to insert it into any holes. You can also check the temp of the room, the bath tub, and food. We had to watch an instructional DVD to figure out how to work it. We watched it three times. We gave the baby Tylenol and used the nasal aspirator ( aka the booger snatcher). He seems to be fine today. I am still sick. To add further torture to the stringent breastfeeding routine, I must have a cold with no medication. Meanwhile the husband is downing the NyQuil and sleeping peacefully.

No comments: